The educational 4-H Dairy program and related activities (such as workshops and tours) provide youth a fun and hands-on learning experience which develops both dairy subject skills (such as nutrition, housing, and healthcare) and life skills (such as responsibility, decision-making, nurturing, and communications) under the direction of caring adults.
4-H members (Grades 3 – 12) must identify all Beef and Dairy Cattle in the 4HOnline system by the species deadline or earlier county deadline if applicable* to be eligible for exhibition. Login to your family profile at https://in.4honline.com for Dairy Cattle Identification Instructions.
- All Dairy members must be YQCA certified to exhibit by June 1st.
- Beef Heifers, Beef/Dairy Feeder Calves, Dairy Cattle must be entered into 4HOnline no later than May 15 at in.4honline.com
- Beef and Dairy Beef Steers must be entered into 4HOnline no later than April 1 at in.4honline.com
- All Beef and Dairy Beef Animals except Registered Heifers must be present at the County Tagging and weighing day before being identified in 4HOnline. Registered Heifer exhibitors should contact the Purdue Extension Office in your county of 4-H enrollment to determine if the animal must be brought to the Tagging/Weigh-In.
- All Dairy Beef exhibiting at the State Fair must have DNA hair samples turned into the Extension Office by the indicated dates:
- Steer DNA hair samples are due by April 1st.
- All Dairy exhibiting at the Pulaski County Fair must be declared by June 1st at pulaskicountyin.fairentry.com
Grooming assistance rule for all species:
4-H members may receive clipping and grooming assistance for all species, on show day, only from the following:
- Immediate family (parent/guardian, sibling, aunt/uncle).
- A current Indiana 4-H member
- Indiana 4-H member's name and enrollment of county must be turned into the Extension Office by June 1st.
- An individual enrolled in the Indiana 4-H Approved Animal Grooming Assistance Program.
- Approved Groomers must enroll annually by June 1st
- Completion of the online Animal Ethics modules every 2 years. Modules can be found online at https://extension.purdue.edu/4h/Pages/online-animal-ethics-program.aspx
- Contact the Extension Office on current info on how to enroll.
- Approved groomers must submit a copy of their acceptance email, sent by the State 4-H Office, to the Extension Office.
Pulaski County Steer Weigh-In/Tagging
January 25, 2020, at the Pulaski County Fairgrounds from 9 am -11 am
Pulaski County Starter Calf Weigh-In/Tagging
May 2, 2020, at the Pulaski County Fairgrounds from 8 am - 10 am
- General Livestock Record Sheet
- Dairy HEIFER Record Sheet - Grade 3
- Dairy HEIFER Record Sheet - Grade 4
- Dairy HEIFER Record Sheet - Grade 5
- Dairy HEIFER Record Sheet - Grade 6
- Dairy HEIFER Record Sheet - Grade 7
- Dairy HEIFER Record Sheet - Grade 8
- Dairy HEIFER Record Sheet - Grade 9
- Dairy HEIFER Record Sheet - Grade 10
- Dairy HEIFER Record Sheet - Grade 11
- Dairy HEIFER Record Sheet - Grade 12
*IMPORTANT: The Dairy HEIFER Record Sheets are used only for Dairy animals used for milking. The Dairy Starter Calves and Dairy Finished Steers will use the BEEF Record Sheets - SEE BEEF PROJECT FOR GRADE RECORD SHEETS.
Please see related files below for the Pulaski County 4-H Dairy Project
Dairy Steers DNA Hair Sample Collection