A wonderful and easy way to consume fruits and vegetables is a MyPlate Snack platter. Load up a large plate or tray with your favorite fruits, vegetables and dips and enjoy until your hunger is satisfied. Note: A healthy, yummy fruit dip is vanilla greek yogurt and a deliciously healthy vegetable dip is plain greek yogurt with a little dry Ranch Dips powder mixed in. Find the Ranch Dips mix in the salad dressing aisle – add about 1 teaspoon per cup of plain yogurt.
Snack Platter (Makes 6 servings)
3 cups assorted vegetables, such as: bell pepper slices, broccoli florets, carrot sticks, cauliflower florets, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, snap peas, zucchini slices.
3 cups assorted fruits, such as: Apple slices, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, dried fruit, grapes, kiwi slices, mandarin orange slices, cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple chunks
6-12 ounces of grains, such as: Pita chips, pretzels, tortilla chips, whole grain bread or crackers.
4-8 ounces protein, such as: 1 cup hummus, ½ cup almonds, cashews or peanuts, 8 ounces sliced chicken, ham or turkey or 8 ounces tofu.
8 ounces dairy such as: cheese cubes or slices, Greek yogurt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash fruits and vegetables by gently rubbing soft fruits or vegetables under cold running water or scrub firmer fruits or vegetables with clean vegetable brush under running water.
- On a platter, baking sheet or plate, arrange desired vegetables, fruits, grains, protein and dairy options to create a delicious snack platter.
- Feel free to include other foods not listed.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.