The Indiana AgVets Certification and Internship is an agricultural career training opportunity specifically for U.S. military veterans in Indiana or surrounding states. The program prepares participants for rewarding careers in production agriculture or agribusiness by providing specialized training (free of charge) tailored to the veteran's personal interests and career aspirations, and paid internships in a farm or agricultural service business.
Indiana AgVets is a project of the Hoosier Uplands Economic Development Corporation, in cooperation with the AgrAbility Project at Purdue University. The program is supported by the USDA's NIFA Grant Number 2019-77028-29971.
The Primary goal of this project is to equip veterans with the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in agriculture-related careers.
- Open to U.S. military veterans or current National Guard or Reserve members (of any service branch) in Indiana and surrounding states.
- Expenses-paid agricultural career training and certification programs.
- Individualized training curriculum geared to each participant's career goals.
- 8 week paid internship at Purdue University research farm, private farm, or agribusiness.
- Support for disabilities and other challenges often faced by military veterans.
For More Info, or to Apply, Contact:
Linda Tarr, email@example.com 812-849-4447
Ed Shelton, firstname.lastname@example.org 765-720-0229