SUPERINTENDENTS: Ed & Lora Monix 812-360-3608
Monroe County Achievement Record Sheet required
- All exhibits will consist of one bottle rocket made from a 2-liter, plastic soda bottle. Plans for the construction of a bottle rocket are included in the project manual. The basic plans may be altered by the member.
- This project will be exhibited by grade level.
Level 1: Grades 3 – 6 Level 2: Grades 7 – 8 Level 3: Grades 9 - 12
- Bottle rockets will be judged based upon creativity of the rocket and basic design.
- Painting and decals are optional.
- Rocket base is optional. It may be used to enhance your rocket.
- It will be up to the discretion of the judge whether a champion will be selected in each division.
A completed bottle rocket consists of
- A 2-liter plastic bottle
- Nose cone (can be modified from enclosed design in manual)
- 3-4 fins
- ½ cup sand/gravel (in Ziploc bag) OR modeling clay
Rocket Shoot-Off: 4-H members may be given the opportunity to launch their rocket. Rocket launching is NOT required but your rocket is required to be made to launch.
No State Fair Entry
Check our Pinterest boards at https://www.pinterest.com/monroecountyin4h/boards/ for more ideas.