Please note the changes to the 2019 Animal Grooming Policy at the Indiana State Fair:
4-H Exhibitors may receive clipping and grooming assistance from members of their immediate family (father, mother and siblings), from a current Indiana 4-H member, and from individuals enrolled in the Indiana 4-H Approved Animal Grooming Assistance Program. Temporary guardianships are not permitted and shall result in immediate disqualification.
Steps for registering for the Indiana 4-H Grooming Assistance Program
1. Read through grooming assistance program requirement overview document
2. Complete the four online Animal Ethics modules entitled:
- Purpose of 4-H Livestock Programs
- Ethical Decision Making
- Public Perceptions
- Putting into Practice located here: https://extension.purdue.edu/4h/Pages/Online-Animal-Ethics-Program.aspx once every 2 years (starting April 2019).
3. Annually submit the Indiana 4-H Approved Animal Grooming Assistance Program Application and a copy driver’s license to Courtney Stierwalt.
Go here for more information about the Indiana 4-H Animal Ethics Program
For more Info, please contact Courtney Steirwalt, email@example.com, 765-494-8435