VEGETABLE GARDEN GUIDE VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Are you interested in growing vegetables? Do you want to help others grow their own food? If so, register for the Purdue Extension-Marion County Vegetable Garden Guide program.
- Attend 20 hours of classroom instruction on how to grow vegetables as well as how to teach and volunteer
- Volunteer 20 hours helping others grow vegetables for certification as a Purdue Extension Vegetable Garden Guide volunteer
- Vegetable Gardening Basics
- Growing Vegetable Transplants
- Food Safety in the Garden
- Cool and Warm Season Vegetables
- Identifying & Managing Diseases
- Identifying & Managing Insect Pests
- Other Plant Problems in the Garden
- Being a Volunteer/Volunteer Opportunities
- Teaching Adults & Youth
- Working in Community Gardens
- Giving Educational Presentations
- Dates: Thursdays evenings on April 11 & 18; May 2, 9 & 23; and June 6, 13 & 23, 2019
- Time: 6:00-8:30 PM
- Location: Purdue Extension-Marion County Classroom, Discovery Hall, Suite 201, Indiana State Fairgrounds, 1202 E 38th St., Indianapolis, IN 46205
- Cost: $55.00
- Attendees: This program is for new and existing gardeners who would like to learn about growing vegetables and how to volunteer to help others grow.
You can REGISTER ONLINE NOW for this program at:
Refund available through 4/11/19 with a $11.60 cancellation fee.
If you need more information on the program, please contact us at MayerSL@purdue.edu or call 317-275-9286.