Lawn & Garden Safety Education
- All posters, notebooks, and display boards must include a reference list indicating where information was obtained, giving credit to the original author, to complete the 4-H member’s exhibit. This reference list should/might include web site links, people and professionals interviewed, books, magazines, etc. It is recommended this reference list be attached to the back of a poster or display board, be the last page of a notebook, or included as part of the display visible to the public. A judge is not to discredit an exhibit for the manner in which references are listed.
- Members should complete 3 activities from the “Gearing Up” manual each year.
- Project levels will be as follows:
Level A – Grades 3-4
Level B – Grades 5-6
Level C – Grades 7-9
Level D – Grades 10-12
- Choose one (1) of the following to exhibit at the fair: NOTE: The subject matter content for the exhibit must correspond to the subject matter content found in the Level A manual.
- Notebook Report
- Display Board: Display boards differ from a poster in that real objects are normally used rather than drawings or pictures. Three-dimensional items are attached to the board.