This is your online resource for the 4-H Gift Wrap project. The record sheet is below. If you have any questions, please refer to the 4-H Handbook or contact the Extension Office.
*If you have trouble accessing any of these documents below because of a disability, please contact the Jackson Co. Extension Office at (812) 358-6101 or send an email to email@example.com.
Here are the requirements for this project:
CREATIVE & EXPRESSIVE ARTS: GIFT WRAPPING
4-H member must fill out a record sheet to be turned in with the green/white record book.
- Packages wrapped for exhibit should not contain an article.
- Attach to project 4-H-618AW “4-H Craft Information Card” for description of work completed on the project.
- If multiple pieces make up the exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached to the exhibit so the total exhibit can properly be displayed.
- For safety purposes any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or look-a-like weapon, will be judged but will not be displayed.
Beginner (Grades 3-5)
- Wrap at least 4 square or rectangular gift boxes during the year.
- You may use a purchased bow while practicing.
- You may use purchased paper.
Exhibit: Grade 3 - One wrapped gift box (square or rectangular) without a bow. Use a birthday theme.
Grade 4 - One wrapped gift box (square or rectangular) with a purchased bow or bows. Use a Christmas or Hanukkah theme.
Grade 5 - One wrapped gift box (square or rectangular) using purchased bow or bows. Use a Father’s Day theme.
Intermediate (Grades 6-8)
- Wrap at least 6 square, rectangular or cylinder shaped gift boxes during the year.
- Make your own bows.
- Make your own paper or use fabric, newsprint, maps, diapers, sacks or other materials.
Exhibit: Grade 6 - One wrapped shoe box. Ribbon and bows purchased or handmade may be used. Use a Baby Shower theme.
Grade 7 - One wrapped cylinder shaped gift box with a handmade bow or ribbons. Use a Mother’s Day theme.
Grade 8 - One wrapped gift box (any shape) using paper you have made or fabric, newsprint, maps, diapers or other materials not usually designated as gift wrap. Use any theme you wish.
Advanced (Grades 9-12)
- Wrap at least 8 gift boxes during the year.
- Make your own paper or use some other wrapping material.
- Be creative and imaginative. Incorporate ideas like flowers, bells, clowns, animals, etc., in your decorations.
- Wrap lid and box separately at least once.
Exhibit: Grade 9 - One gift box with the lid and bottom wrapped separately. Use paper you have made - use a Milestone Birthday theme.
Grade 10 - One unique shaped gift box wrapped - use a graduation theme.
Grade 11 - One gift box wrapped with paper you have made - use a wedding theme.
Grade 12 - Your choice - any shape, any wrapping, any bow, any theme. One item. Be creative.