Poster Project Only - No State Fair Project
Note: Members are required to complete General Record Sheet and include the project each year.
Note: Level by Grade just completed in school as follows:
Level A: Grade 3-5; Level B: Grade 6-8; Level C: Grade 9-12
Note: All posters, notebooks, and display boards must include a reference list indicating where information was obtained, giving credit to the original author, to complete the 4-H member’s exhibit. This reference list should/might include web site links, people and professionals interviewed, books, magazines, etc. It is recommended this reference list be attached to the back of a poster or display board, be the last page of a notebook, or included as part of the display visible to the public. A judge is not to discredit an exhibit for the manner in which references are listed.
Note: All Levels - Choose one. Topics cannot be repeated. Posters should follow requirements for posters as defined in handbook under general exhibit requirements.
Note: Members are required to complete General Record Sheet and include the project each year. A Project Manual may be requested from 4-H Club Leader as a reference/guide for completing a project exhibit. Project Manual completion and submission is not a requirement.
Note: ATV Safety topics and posters will be judged using the ATV Safety resources from Indiana 4-H office found here: https://extension.purdue.edu/4h/Pages/project.aspx?proj=32, and the Indiana ORV Rider’s Ed Course available study guide. The ORV Rider’s Ed Course can be found here https://www.offroad-ed.com/indiana/ and a Handbook of Indiana Off-Road Vehicle Laws and Safe Operating Procedures for ATVs and Snowmobiles is available upon request from the Purdue Extension Dubois County office.
Reports can be either hand written in ink or typed, however, the work must be that of the 4-H’er. Include this project on the general record sheet.
LEVEL A Grades 3-5 (Posters and Notebooks can’t be repeated.)
- Level A Exhibit a poster sharing the information on types of ATV/OHV/ORV. Title for poster – “What is OHV/ORV?”
- Level A Grade 4 – Exhibit a poster sharing the guideline for fitting youth to an ATV. Title for poster – “Fitting the ATV to the rider”
- Level A Grade 5 – Exhibit a poster sharing information on the importance of wearing proper helmets, eye protection, gloves, boots, and clothing. Title for poster – “ATV – Dressing Like a Pro”
LEVEL B Grades 6-8 (Posters and Notebooks can’t be repeated.)
- Level B Grade 6 – Exhibit a poster showing the controls of an ATV. Title for poster – “Getting Familiar with Your ATV”
- Level B Grade 7 – Exhibit a poster sharing information on the pre-ride inspection. Title for poster – Getting Familiar with Your ATV” or Exhibit a poster sharing information on starting the ATV. Title for poster – “Starting the ATV”
- Level B Grade 8 – Exhibit a poster sharing information on basic riding techniques. Title for poster – “ATV – Let’s Start Riding”
LEVEL C Grades 9-12 (Posters and Notebooks can’t be repeated.)
- Level C Grade 9 – Assemble an ATV riding survival kit. Exhibit the kit with a notebook that explains what was done, the research, planning, costs and how the kit will be used. Title for notebook – “ATV – Riding Survival Kit”
- Level C Grade 10-12 – Exhibit a notebook/poster that shares a detailed description of the different riding techniques sharing a different technique each year. Title for notebook – “ATV Riding Techniques”