The 4-H utility goat educational program and related activities (such as workshops, tours) provide youth a fun and hands-on learning experience which develops both goat subject skills (such as nutrition, housing, and health care) and life skills (such as responsibility, decision-making, nurturing, and communications) under the direction of caring adults.
Important documents can be found at the bottom of this page underneath "Related Files".
Important Project Dates:
July 1, 2020 Deadline to turn in Utility Goats Enrollment paperwork to the Extension Office
Deadline to turn in Boone Co Utility Goat Lease forms and Livestock Location forms to Extension Office
- Each 4-H member needs to turn in a record sheet and worksheet to exhibit their Utility Goat project at the fair.
- To complete the project without exhibiting you must turn in a no-exhibit record sheet.
- Grade is based on the grade you were in when you enrolled in 4-H for the 2020 year.
- Answers to the worksheet are found in the Goat Resource Manual (Ohio State). One resource manual is provided per family the first year a family member takes a Goat Project.
- If you exhibit an animal poster project you need to complete the General 4-H Record Sheet and turn it in at judging check-in in order to have your poster judged. This is required even if you plan to exhibit an animal in that project at the county fair.
2020 Utility Goat Enrollment Documents