Dear New 4-H Family,
Welcome to the Hendricks County 4-H Program! We are excited to have you join us! We encourage you to peruse the related files below to download good resources to assist you in this transition. Such resources include:
- Hendricks County 4-H Family Guide: This guide will give you some basics of 4-H, what to expect from our program, and a quick glossary of terms in case you hear or see something you are not familiar with.
- What is 4-H?: This handout will give you an overview of the 4-H program.
- 4-H Meeting: Learn about club meetings - what they will typically look like, what their purpose is, etc.
- Pledges: Each meeting and 4-H event is started with the Pledge of Allegiance and the 4-H Pledge.
- Handouts for Parents/Guardians: Learn what is expected of you as a 4-H parent. Review some "do's and don'ts" when it comes to helping your 4-Her. We want you to be involved with the 4-H program, but would remind you that it is a program for the youth!
- Clover Connection: Our Clover Connection is our monthly newsletter that is sent close to the first of the month. You will be able to access it from your 4-HOnline account and our website. You can view current and past Clover Connection newsletters here.
- Important Dates: Be sure to put these dates on your calendar! There will be more to come, but these will get you started!
- White Achievement Card: This is like your "permanent record" for 4-H. Be sure to update this yearly to be eligible for awards and scholarships!
- Invitation to New Family Orientation: Join us for a deeper discussion of what it means to be a 4-H family, how you can get involved, and answer any questions you may have! January 30, 2020, 6 PM for Mini 4-H and 7:00 PM for Regular 4-H at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds.
- Project Description: Quick overview of the projects we offer here in Hendricks County.
- Club List: See just how many clubs we have in Hendricks County.
- Project Manuals: See what books/record sheet go with each project you decide to take. These are available for purchase at our office, and prices range from $1-$10.
If you have yet to enroll in 4-H, you can do so here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Hendricks County Extension Office at 317-745-9260.