This program is for diabetics or those at risk for diabetes and their caregivers, but it is also helpful to anyone interested in diabetes or friends and family of a diabetic. You’ll learn how to lessen the health risks of diabetes. Four 2-hour lessons are taught weekly with an optional follow-up lesson. There is a class starting April 1, 8, 15, 22 with followup on June 17. If you would like more information on this class please call 765-474-0793. Class size is limited so please call today.
- food choice
- diet planning
- healthy cooking
- portion control
- medical indicator awareness
- healthy activity levels for those with diabetes
Participants watch food preparation presentations, taste test, and take home recipes.
Making a Difference
During 2014, the program was presented 52 times in 28 Indiana counties to 641 people.
Dining with Diabetes participants report
- increased knowledge of nutrition and diabetes management
- exercising more
- eating more fruits and vegetables
- increasing dairy intake
- practicing healthful cooking and food preparation behaviors more often after the program compared with before the program
Dining with Diabetes Video