Starke County 4-H Poultry Project
The 2017 4-H Program year is underway! 4-H Poultry and Pigeon Workshops have started!
The Poultry workshops are designed to be informative and help 4-H members and their parents learn about the 4-H project, their animals and to prepare for the 2017 Starke County Fair on July 8-14. The 2017 schedule for 4-H Poultry Workshops is:
- Tuesday, March 14th - Knox High School Cafeteria from 5:00-6:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 26th – Starke County Fairgrounds, Rabbit/Poultry Barn, from 5-6 pm, prior to the 4-H Rabbit Workshop
- June 2017 Date TBD, will be at the Starke County Fairgrounds Rabbit/Poultry Barn
This year there will be joint 4-H Rabbit & Poultry Project Book/Poster Work Sessions. These sessions are designed to help youth with completing their project book and discuss creating posters for the 4-H Fair. Leadership from the Poultry and from the Rabbit groups will be leading the following sessions:
- Wednesday, May 3rd – Starke County Fairgrounds, Rabbit/Poultry Barn from 6-7 pm
- Wednesday, May 10th – Starke County Fairgrounds, Rabbit/Poultry Barn from 6-7 pm
- Wednesday, June 14th – Starke County Fairgrounds, Rabbit/Poultry Barn from 6-7 pm
The Starke County Animal Location Form needs to be completed for 2017. If your 4-H animal projects are in one location, you only need to fill out one form for all species. You must complete the form to exhibit your animal at the Fair. The form is below and available in the Extension Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the Extension Office at 574-772-9141.
Continue to check back for more project information!