Starke County 4-H Junior Leaders
The 4-H Junior Leaders is recognized as a 4-H project to encourage older 4-H members to learn leadership skills, participate in community service, and support 4-H leaders at the local and county level. Some of the activities Jr. Leaders participate in are: community service activities, serve on committees for different activities and events, and opportunities to work at the Fair with project check-in or judging, the Dairy Barn, in the Pork Booth, or during the 4-H Livestock Auction!
When you enroll online in 4-H, don’t forget to enroll in the Junior Leaders project also! That way we can make sure to send you important reminders!
2021 4-H Junior Leader dues are $5.00/each member. Dues are not necessary to complete the project. However, dues are a requirement to assume a leadership role in the future such as Junior Leader Officer, Royalty Candidate, Camp Counselor, etc.
Junior Leader members are required to complete and turn in their Junior Leader Record Sheet to complete the Junior Leader project. The Junior Leader Record Sheet will be available from your 4-H Leaders and is available at the bottom of this page.
2021 4-H Junior Leader Officers:
- President - Sophia Hewlett
- Vice-President - Tanner Craig
- Secretary - Madison Baker
- Treasurers - Paul Clingenpeel & Noah Singleton
- 4-H Council Representatives - Kaylee Krom & Samantha Short
- Recreation Leaders - Jordan Maynard & Riley Warren
Meeting Dates & Times:
- April 10th, Kid's Closet North Judson, IN - sign-up genius sent in an email with time slots to volunteer at Kid's Closet: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D49ACA92DA6FC1-4hjr
- May 3rd, Starke County Fairgrounds, 4-H Exhibit Building
- June TBD, Starke County Fairgrounds
- TBD - Keep on the lookout for updates!
The 4-H Junior Leaders will be ordering t-shirts in 2021! Each shirt is $20. The Jr. Leader group will pay for $10 and each Jr. Leader member will pay $10 for their own t-shirt. T-shirts are being ordered and made now!
4-H Achievement Royalty
- Congratulations to the 2020 4-H Achievement Royalty Winners: Alison Fields & Kara Hickman!
- All Junior Leaders who are nine or ten year members or those completing their last year of 4-H you have completed at least one year of Junior Leaders are eligible for Achievement Royalty. Letters and Applications were mailed on April 15 to those who qualify. The letter, application, and agreement are available at the bottom of the page.
- Applications are due Friday, May 21st in the Extension office.
4-H Junior Leader Scholarships
Congratulations to the 2020 winners: Alexander Hesters & Julianna Noble!
- Letters and Applications were mailed to qualifying 4-H members on April 15th. The letter and application are available at the bottom of the page. Applications are due May 12th!
If you have any questions about the Starke County 4-H Junior Leader Program, contact the Extension Office at 574-772-9141 or email Julia Miller at email@example.com.