Starke County 4-H Junior Leaders
The 4-H Junior Leaders is recognized as a 4-H project to encourage older 4-H members to learn leadership skills, participate in community service, and support 4-H leaders at the local and county level. Some of the activities Jr. Leaders participate in are: community service activities, serve on committees for different activities and events, and opportunities to work at the Fair with project check-in or judging, the Dairy Barn, in the Pork Booth, or during the 4-H Livestock Auction!
When you enroll online in 4-H, don’t forget to enroll in the Junior Leaders project also! That way we can make sure to send you important reminders!
2021 4-H Junior Leader dues are $5.00/each member. Dues are not necessary to complete the project. However, dues are a requirement to assume a leadership role in the future such as Junior Leader Officer, Royalty Candidate, Camp Counselor, etc.
Junior Leader members are required to complete and turn in their Junior Leader Record Sheet to complete the Junior Leader project. The Junior Leader Record Sheet will be available from your 4-H Leaders and is available at the bottom of this page.
2020 4-H Junior Leader Officers:
- President - Sophia Hewlett
- Vice-President - Noah Singleton
- Secretary - Madison Baker
- Treasurers - Paul Clingenpeel & Tanner Craig
- 4-H Council Representatives - Kaylee Krom & Ainsleigh Podell
- Recreation Leaders - Hayden Danford & Mallory Tilleraas
Meeting Dates & Times:
- November 9, 2020 - Starke County Fairgrounds, Exhibit Building, 6:30 pm CT
- TBD - Scheduling will happen after 4-H Junior Leader 2021 Officers meet
- TBD - Keep on the lookout for updates!
4-H Achievement Royalty
- Congratulations to the 2020 4-H Achievement Royalty Winners: Alison Fields & Kara Hickman!
- All Junior Leaders who are nine or ten year members or those completing their last year of 4-H you have completed at least one year of Junior Leaders are eligible for Achievement Royalty.
4-H Junior Leader Scholarships
Congratulations to the 2020 winners: Alexander Hesters & Julianna Noble!
If you have any questions about the Starke County 4-H Junior Leader Program, contact the Extension Office at 574-772-9141 or email Julia Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.