State Fair Entries: One per Unit (3)
GREEN RECORD BOOK COMPLETION REQUIREMENT:
• Completed Shelby County Record Sheet
• See Poster Guidelines on Page 62 of the Shelby County Handbook.
• 4-H Veterinary Science exhibits should not involve any live animals.
• 4-H Veterinary Science exhibits should be educational in nature, covering one or more of the topics presented in the 4-H members’ manual and/or found in the 4-H Veterinary Science Leaders Guide. An educational exhibit is one that should be able to teach other people about your topic. Choose a topic you think is interesting and apply your imagination. All 4-H members developing veterinary science 4-H fair exhibits should consult with their 4-H veterinary science leaders for further details, helpful ideas, and additional sources for reference.
Unit 1 (Grades 3-5)
Manual: Veterinary Science 1 (BU8048) Exhibit one of the Following:
• Poster related to Chapter 1, 2, or 3
Unit 2 (Grades 6-8)
Manual: Veterinary Science 2 (BU8049) Exhibit one of the Following:
• Poster, display, or quiz board related to Chapter 1, 2, or 3. Display or Quiz board should be no larger than 36” x 36” x 36”
Unit 3 (Grades 9 - 12)
Manual: Veterinary Science 3 (BU8050) Exhibit one of the Following:
• Develop and assemble a teaching aid. Display Teaching Aid and two-page typed report OR
• Develop a project in conjunction with a veterinarian. Display the project with a report of the results, recommendations, findings, and conclusions. OR
• Write a one page outline of a workshop or demonstration you presented.