Superintendent: Jane Kuhn - 317-398-9303
Not a State Fair Project
RECORD BOOK COMPLETION REQUIREMENT:
Complete a Shelby County Record Sheet.
- It is required to have the recipe on a 5" x 8" card with each Microwave Exhibit. Be sure your recipe source as well as your name, Division number, and recipe name are on the card. A box mix is acceptable.
- Your exhibit should be covered with plastic wrap or placed in a plastic zip-locked bag. Attach your label and recipe card to this plastic.
- Because this project deals with food, it is imperative that good food safety practices are observed. This means all exhibits must be non-perishable. Non-perishable foods are those which are safe to eat at room temperature. Food items which you would store in the refrigerator at home would not be an appropriate exhibit at the fair. For baked product competitions: fillings, frosting, glazing, pie filling and meringue whether uncooked or cooked are not permitted to contain cream cheese, whipped cream, unpasteurized milk or uncooked eggs/egg cooked to 160º F may be used). These require refrigeration.
- The judge may choose not to taste an exhibit if it contains any perishable items. If this happens, the project will not be judged and will receive a green participation ribbon.
- For tips on labeling and how to prepare products for display, see information at beginning of "Foods" project section.
(Grades 3 & 4)
Manual: Bag of Tricks Exhibit the following:
Grade 3 - Microwave Snack
Grade 4 - Six (6) Pieces Fudge
(Grades 5 & 6)
Manual: Micro Magicians Exhibit the following:
Grade 5 - Six (6) Bar Cookies or Brownies
Grade 6 - Upside down cake
(Grades 7, 8, & 9)
Manual: Amazing Rays Exhibit the following:
Grade 7 - Fruit Crisp
Grade 8 - Coffee Cake
Grade 9 - Six (6) Pieces of Candy
(Grades 10and up)
Manual: Presto Meals
Exhibit the following:
Grade 10 - Double layer or bundt cake
Grade 11 - Pie
Grade 12 - Jam or Jelly