RECORD BOOK COMPLETION REQUIREMENT:
• Junior Leader Record Books are due in the County Extension Office by Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.. Closed judging. No premium money.
Requirements to become a Junior Leader:
1. Must be at least Grade 7,
2. Sign up every year on the annual 4-H Enrollment Form
3. Complete the project requirements outlined in the 4-H Junior Leader Project Manual.
To complete the project and be recognized:
MUST COMPLETE 1 - 4
1. Turn in the completed 4-H J unior Leader Record Book (REQUIRED) by Wednesday July 1, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
2. Work at least one event by the last day of the county fair...Mini 4-H camp or workshops, mini 4-H judging at the fair, 4-H promotion in the schools, serve as a judge’s assistant at the fair, etc.
3. Complete 3 hours of community service related to 4-H
4. Work a minimum of 3 hours at the Junior Leader concession stand during the fair OR assist with a fundraiser with advisory council and/or Junior Leaders
To be eligible for the achievement trip, a member MUST complete # 1-4 AND attend a minimum of 5 Junior Leader Meetings (August-June).
If requirements are not met: you will have to discuss why the requirements are not met with the Junior Leader Advisors.
JUNIOR LEADER AWARDS
Top two (2) Outstanding First Year Junior Leaders and Top two (2) Outstanding Junior Leaders (Division II and Up).
SHELBY COUNTY 4-H JUNIOR LEADERS
President Julia Hamblen
Vice President Tiffany Kreish
Secretary Aaron Drabenstott
Treasurer Wyatt Schonfeld
Reporter Toby Schonfeld
Devotions Tatem Hodge
Health & Safety Korban Kreish
At Large Camille Thopy
Jr Leader Representatives to Advisory Council
Joshua Goodwin, Julia Hamblen, Lauren Drabenstott, Tiffany Kreish, and Camille Thopy
2020 JUNIOR LEADER SCHEDULE
January 15, 2020 Extension Office 6:30 p.m.
February 19, 2020 Extension Office 6:30 p.m.
March 2, 2020 Brinson Hall 6:00 p.m.
(Not a meeting but a Community Service Opportunity - filling the bags for the Farm Home & Safety Days)
March 18, 2020 Extension Office 6:30 p.m.
April 15, 2020 Extension Office 6:30 p.m.
May 20, 2020 Extension Office 6:30 p.m.
June 17, 2020 Extension Office 6:30 p.m.
June 20, 2020 Fairgrounds 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
Program: Prepare the 4-H building for the fair
SHELBY COUNTY FAIR – June 29 - July 4, 2020
July –August Achievement Trip (Junior Leader Records MUST be turned in before 4:00 p.m. on July 1st)
INDIANA STATE FAIR - August 7-23, 2020
September 16, 2020 Extension Office 6:30 p.m.
October Fall Party
November 18, 2020 6:30 p.m.
Program: Election of Officers
December 2020 Christmas Outing