State Fair Entries: Fine Arts - 2 entries, Needle Craft - 2 entries, Model Craft - 2 entries, Any
Other Craft/Basic Craft - 6 entries
GREEN RECORD BOOK COMPLETION REQUIREMENT:
Do not combine different areas of crafts (e.g. needle craft and fine arts) on one record sheet.
Complete a Shelby County Record Sheet. Each exhibit requires its own record sheet. Indicate the specific art or craft on the record sheet as listed in each section below.
• A member may exhibit one (1) article in any of the following areas: Fine Arts, Needle Craft, Model Craft/Building
• And up to two (2) articles in: Any Other Craft/Basic Craft
• Lego built models will be exhibited in Any Other Craft.
• If an item is to be hung on the wall, it must be mounted and framed appropriately, and must be prepared for hanging. For Fine Arts, all projects must be prepared for hanging.
• Model Craft exhibits are a small replica. No die casts are allowed.
• Wood Craft items are acceptable in the Any Other Craft Category, provided they are not a 4-H Woodworking Project. Woodworking projects are made completely from scratch; wood crafts may be made from kits.
• Attach to project 4-H-618A-W 4-H Craft Information Card for description of work completed on the project.
• If multiple pieces make up the exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached to the exhibit so the total exhibit can properly be displayed. For safety purposes any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or look-a-like weapon will be judged but will not be displayed.
• Judging in all areas is divided into Clover Grade 3 or 4, Junior Grades 5, 6, & 7 and Senior Grades 8, 9, 10, 11& 12.
NOTE: Legos may be entered in the Any Other Craft division OR in Construction Sets (not both).
ANY OTHER CRAFT/BASIC CRAFT
All Age Divisions
Exhibit up to two different of the following:
• Basket weaving, candle making, card making, ceramics, computer generated art, holiday ornaments, home decorations, jewelry making, macrame, leather craft, origami, paper maché, rug making, string art, scherenschnitt (paper cutting), stuffed dolls/animals, 3-D puzzles, tin punch, tole painting, wearable art (decorated clothing), weaving, etc.
• MAY NOT include any crafts included in the three previous classes listed above.
All Age Divisions
Exhibit one of the Following:
• Oil, charcoal, pastels, pencil, ink, acrylic or watercolor (on canvas, canvas board or paper) - framed as a picture - prepared for hanging. Canvas art on a wooden frame is considered prepared for hanging provided that frame has a hanger.
Exhibits must be a small scale replica and meet the following criteria:
• Must be of injected styrene plastics
• At least 25% of the exhibit must be painted
• Wood, paper, clay, die-cast, or snap together models are not permitted
• Screws are not permitted
• Pre-painted or pre-decaled factory models are not permitted
• If the model is being built from a kit, include a copy of the instructions with the craft
• Legos are not considered models and are to be exhibited as Any Other Craft
SNAP TOGETHER MODELS
County Only - Not a State Fair Project Age Categories: Clover, Junior, Senior
This category of Models will have champions of each division but they will not be considered for
Grand Champion or Reserve Grand Champion of the Models project.
NEEDLE CRAFT HANDWORK
All Age Divisions
Exhibit one of the following:
• (Hand work) Knitting, embroidery, crocheting, needlepoint, crewel, candlewicking, chicken scratching, hand quilting, tatting, huck embroidery, hem stitching.
• Also pulled, drawn and counted thread work and punch needle work.
• Does not include latch hook, plastic canvas machine knitting, machine quilting, or arm knitting/crocheting.