Shelby County 4-H Virtual Exhibits
Thank you all for your patience as we have worked through compiling resources to assist you with completing your virtual exhibits for our 2020 program year! All the resources have been added to this website article to help you with quickly accessing those materials! Electronic handbook: https://www.extension.purdue.edu/shelby/article/21475
Project Submission (ALL Projects) : June 10 –June 30 (through Fairentry)
4-H Green Record Book Due By: June 30
Judging Week (closed, online): July 1 – July 8
Virtual Showcase Week: July 19 – July 25
Below you will find these attached documents:
- Special Edition Newsletter
- Virtual Exhibit Tips (guidelines to help you with your virtual exhibits)
- Fairentry Instructions
- Record Sheet
- Auction Form
- Tip Sheet to help you with animal weights
- Patterns (H&P posted below)
Fashion Revue Video Resources: https://extension.purdue.edu/4h/Pages/project.aspx?proj=21
YouTube Video Tip: please upload your video as "unlisted" (which is a private setting but can be viewed by those with the direct link) OR "public"
Have you completed your Animal Ethics Training (If you are ONLY showing at the county level)?
- County Only: due to the changes we have been experiencing this year, this year only, you will be able to complete the animal ethics training modules (free). Please note that you MUST complete the qualtrics (quick survey at the end) with your information. This is imperative to making sure your completion is recorded for when it comes time for the show. I advise you to keep a copy of your completion page for your records. Parents may need to provide parental assistance for younger members.
- The online Animal Ethics can be found here: https://extension.purdue.edu/4h/Pages/Online-Animal-Ethics-Program.aspx - the 4 sections that must be completed are listed under the Online Animal Ethics Modules.
- The Qualtrics link (to the survey which must be completed so we know the training was successful): https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2aAOaEAK0BEGoRv
* Have you completed your YQCA training (Required in order to exhibit at the Indiana State Fair)?
- Youth for the Quality Care of Animals/Quality Assurance Training
This is an annual training for youth exhibiting beef, dairy, swine, sheep, goats, poultry and rabbits. Due to the restrictions, this training is only web-based at this time. If you are doing the online training, please be sure to login with your 4Honline credentials.
- State Fair: if you are considering the state fair at all, you need to complete the web-based YQCA training at yqca.org. The state fair is requiring the YQCA training for their shows. If you still need to complete your YQCA training, we were fortunate to get a couple free coupon codes. These will be available first come first serve.
If you have any questions, please let us know!