All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Safety
Not a State Fair Project
Project driving exhibition: TBD
- Comply with all the requirements listed at the beginning of this “4-H Exhibit Hall Project” section page 54 and “Indiana and Putnam County 4-H Policy/ Terms” section page 21.
- Each youth enrolled in the 4-H ATV Safety project will also belong to a local 4-H club of their choosing.
- Only ATV enrolled 4-Her’s may participate in ATV practices and competition.
- A parent is requested to attend the training meetings and riding sessions with their child(ren).
- All members must participate in the safety course which is held by the ATV project leaders prior to any 4-H sponsored riding activities.
- Members must have their own four-wheeled ATV. The National 4-H Council ATV Rider Handbook will be used as a guide to help determine if a member's ATV is a proper size for the member.
- Each 4-H'er must complete the appropriate ATV Safety Record sheet and submit it to his/her 4-H club leader by the announced date.
- All 4-H'ers who enrolled in the "ATV Safety" project are expected to exhibit in the 4-H Exhibit Hall during the fair.
- Notebooks that are displayed (Grades 9-12) of the project and items made should include detailed information about how your project was completed. Photographs are encouraged along with costs and procedures to help judges see your progress.
- There may be fees asked of members for miscellaneous expenses.
- Refer to the National 4-H Council "4-H Community ATV Safety Handbook" and information presented at the ATV Safety meetings for additional guidelines and information.
Exhibit a 22" x 28" poster sharing the Code for ATVentures (pg. 46) Title for poster – "The Code for ATVentures"
Exhibit a 22" x 28" poster sharing the guideline for fitting youth to an ATV (pg. 5) Title for poster – "Fitting the ATV to the Rider"
Exhibit a 22" x 28" poster sharing information on the importance of wearing proper helmets, eye protection, gloves, boots, and clothing.(pg. 6-8) Title for poster – "ATV – Dressing Like a Pro"
Exhibit a 22" x 28" poster showing the control parts of an ATV (pg. 9-10)
Title for poster – "Getting Familiar with Your ATV"
Exhibit a 22" x 28" poster sharing information on the pre-ride inspection (pg. 12-13)
Title for poster – ATV Pre-Ride Inspection"
Exhibit a 22" x 28" poster sharing information on starting the ATV.
Title for poster – "Starting the ATV"
Exhibit a 22" x 28" poster sharing information on basic riding techniques (pg. 16-17)
Title for poster – "ATV – Let's Start Riding"
Assemble an ATV riding survival kit. Exhibit the kit with a notebook that explains what was done, the research, planning, costs, and how the kit will be used. (pg. 13 & 35)
Title for notebook - "ATV Riding Survival Kit"
Exhibit a notebook that shares a detailed description of the different riding techniques. (pg. 19-31)
Title for notebook –"ATV Riding Techniques"
Exhibit a notebook that shares a detailed description of the different riding techniques. (pg. 32-38)
Title for notebook – "ATV –Riding Safety"
Exhibit a notebook that shares a detailed description of the different riding techniques (pg. 39 -43)
Title for notebook – "ATV Riding Strategies"