4-H Junior Leaders can stay up-to-date with what's going on in their organization by checking back here regularly for news and updates! Download a printable version at the bottom of the page.
Recap of February 21, 2017 Jr. Leader Meeting:
- Begin researching fun ideas to incorporate into this year’s kids’ run at the 4-H 4 Mile Hustle. Do some online searching for other kids’ runs as well as kids’ fun runs that are specifically at fairs.
- It was approved to increase the amount of the Junior Leader senior scholarship from $100 up to $250. Seniors who have been active in JLs are eligible to apply. The application will be shared later this spring.
- On March 11th, your help is needed to manage a LEGO contest for kids. Shifts are 9:30-12:15 and/or 12:30-3:15. Sign up at http://tinyurl.com/2017homeshow.
- Next Executive Committee meeting for all officers and 4-H Council Representatives will be Monday, February 27th at 6:00 at the Extension Office.
- Share the Fun committee will meet on Monday, February 27th at 6:30 at the Extension Office. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE in this committee! This committee helps plan and facilitate the annual Performing Arts event, which is scheduled for Friday, April 7th.
- T-Shirt designs are needed! Bring your t-shirt ideas to the next Junior Leader meeting. Did you know there is a “Design Lab” at www.customink.com where you can design a shirt. You can save/send/print your design idea to share with Junior Leaders!
- If you’ll be at least 15 years of age by June 15th and are currently in 9th grade or higher, apply for CITIZENSHIP WASHINGTON FOCUS by this Friday, February 24th! Info/application can be downloaded below.
- Purdue Extension - Porter County & Porter County 4-H will partner with 1st Source Bank to provide financial education programming for youth, young adults, and parents on financial topics. We’ve scheduled a program for Monday, March 13th at 6:00 p.m. in Room 102A of the Porter County Administration Building (downstairs from our office). Please let us know what topics you would be most interested in learning more about by completing the survey at: https://goo.gl/forms/pY7oeXtvbJLL7URF3
Text @pcjl to 81010 to sign up for text alerts and reminders related to Junior Leaders. Or to receive the same messages via email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If needed, update your contact info for our email list at www.tinyurl.com/4HJLinfo
Join our private Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/PC4HJL