Purdue Extension Educator Development Program
Are you graduating with a master’s degree soon? Do you want to further strengthen Indiana families, communities, businesses, or farms? The Purdue Extension Educator Development Program may be perfect for you
Through our Educator Development Program, you immediately become a full-time, benefits-eligible Extension employee while you learn the basics of becoming a county Extension Educator. If accepted into the program, you’ll first choose a specialization field from the following program areas:
- 4-H Youth Development
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Community Development
- Health & Human Sciences
Over the next three to six months, you’ll learn how Purdue Extension operates, meet key Extension personnel, contribute to program development in your chosen specialty field, and work alongside experienced Educators to perform valuable, hands-on work that makes a difference every day. After completing the program, you’ll assume full responsibilities as an Extension Educator at a county office.
- Master’s degree / pending master’s degree
- Academic training and/or professional experience relevant to position responsibilities
- Knowledge and skill with computer technology related to reports, data analysis, email, internet
- Ability to effectively communicate / teach program-specific material
- Strong communication, leadership, mentoring, teamwork, and group process skills
- Ability to work with diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Flexibility and creativity in the workplace
- Valid driver’s license
We currently have four openings in the Purdue Extension Development Program.
How to Apply
To review full requirements and responsibilities, or to apply, please visit the Purdue University Careers website
. Alternatively, you can go to the Careers Job Openings website and conduct a basic search using the keywords “Extension Development Program.” You must submit your application online; it is the only way to apply for a position at Purdue.