Community Development (Updated 4/20/17)
See links below for more information on
By Cindy Barber
Extension Associate, Purdue Extension – Daviess County
WHAT: Local Government Finance Workshop
WHEN: 1 to 3:30 p.m. EDT, Tuesday, May 16
WHERE: Daviess County Security Center, 101 N.E. 4th St., Washington, Ind.
Learn more about local government revenue systems and explore trends in Clay, Daviess, Greene, Knox, Martin, Owen, and Sullivan counties at an upcoming Purdue Extension Local Government Finance Workshop.
The workshop will be held from 1 to 3:30 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, May 16 at the Daviess County Security Center, 101 N.E. 4th St., in Washington, Ind.
Local elected / appointed officials, economic development professionals, and community leaders are encouraged to attend to:
- Learn more about our property tax system and how property tax caps work
- Dig deeper with data from the region
- Dr. Larry DeBoer, Purdue University Department of Agricultural Economics
- Tamara Ogle, Regional Educator, Purdue Extension – Community Development
- Amanda Mosiman, Agriculture & Natural Resources Educator, Purdue Extension – Warrick County
- Hans Schmitz, Purdue Extension – Gibson County Director / Agriculture & Natural Resources Educator
The workshop is free, but registration is required. To register, please click HERE or call (812) 254-8668.
Please register for the event no later than Friday, May 12.
Should you need accommodations to participate in this program, please call (812) 254-8668 or (888) EXT-INFO prior to the event.
The event is sponsored by Purdue Extension – Daviess County, Daviess County Auditor Patty Ball, and State Senator Eric Bassler.