AG TRACTOR/LAWN & GARDEN TRACTOR/ZERO RADIUS MOWER
PETROLEUM POWER OPERATORS CONTEST WILL BE HELD AT STATE FAIR.
- Any boy or girl of 4-H age is eligible for this project.
- Members must complete three (3) activities in their manual, and turn it in to the tractor leaders at the last meeting held before the banquet.
- All members must take a WRITTEN SAFETY QUIZ over materials in the project.
- All members should participate in either the Lawn & Garden Tractor or Zero Radius Mower Operators Contest or the Agricultural Tractor Operators Contest.
- The operators contests will be broken down into the following groups for competition:
- JUNIOR DIVISION -Lawn & Garden Tractor Operators Contest
- SENIOR DIVISION -Lawn & Garden Tractor Operators Contest.
- JUNIOR DIVISION—Zero Radius Mower Operators Contest.
- SENIOR DIVISION—Zero Radius Mower Operators Contest.
- JUNIOR DIVISION -Agricultural Tractor Operators Contest (tractor with 2-wheel trailer)
- SENIOR DIVISION -Agricultural Tractor Operators Contest (tractor with 4-wheel wagon)
- Junior Division contestants must be in grades 3 through 7.
- Senior Division contestants must be in grades 8 through 12.
- Contestant may draw or be assigned a starting position at the discretion of the contest chairman.
- Junior and Senior contestants will be scored on the following: Written Quiz, Parts Identification Quiz, Tractor Operation on the course, Safety and Time. Trophies will be awarded for each division. Winners will go on to Area Contest.
- Members who do not participate in the Lawn and Garden or Zero Radius Mower or Tractor Operators Contest MUST complete the quiz and exhibit a 22" x 28" poster at the fair to complete the Petroleum Power project. (Ideas may be taken from the project manuals). See Poster Construction Rules on page 24 of your Handbook. Title your poster: “Petroleum Power”. Members who participate in the operators contest do not have to exhibit at the fair.
- A member MUST attend 4 of 6 project meetings, give a demonstration, turn in their completed manual when required, and either drive in the tractor operator's course, or complete a poster for the fair to be considered complete. A $5.00 program fee will be assessed.
Manuals and records sheets are only available at tractor meetings.