No State Fair Entry
For judging, the 4-H Barbecue project will be broken down into 3 levels:
Level 1-grades 3, 4 and 5
Level 2-grades 6, 7 and 8
Level 3-grades 9, 10, 11 & 12.
Completed record sheets are due into the Extension Office on June 29, 2020, 4:00 PM. No records, or late/incomplete record sheets will result in an exhibit being considered for EXHIBITION ONLY—NO PLACING.
Posters are due on Friday, Foods judging day, into the 4-H Exhibit Hall.
Refer to 4-H Poster Construction rules on page 24 of your handbook for correct procedure on how to construct your 4-H poster.
LEVEL 1 (grades 3, 4 and 5):
1. Barbecue four (4) or more times.
2. Exhibit a poster showing you barbecuing. The poster must display a menu.
LEVEL 2 (grades 6, 7 and 8):
1. Barbecue six (6) or more times. At least two (2) times you need to barbecue with different types of meats/entrees.
2. Exhibit a poster showing you barbecuing only one type of meat or entrée. The poster must display a menu.
LEVEL 3 (grades 9, 10, 11 and 12):
1. Barbecue eight (8) or more times. At least one (1) time prepare a barbecue for 5 or more people. Also, at least one (1) time barbecue from two (2) of the following options: a) grilled fruits; b) grilled vegetables; c) grilled breads/pastries; d) grilled desserts; e) grilled meat/entrée.
2. Exhibit a poster showing your barbecuing at least two (2) of the following options: grilled fruits, grilled vegetables, grilled breads/pastries, grilled dessert, grilled meat/entrée. The poster must display a menu including at least two (2) of the grilled options.