Resources for Cloverbud (K-2 grade) 4-H members, leaders and parents.
Resources from our Go Hog Wild for Cloverbuds workshop
- Agenda and instructions for activities
- 4-H Bingo (This is a link to a Google Doc that you can either print or go to the file tab and select "make a copy" and edit. Have the kids cut out the word squares and glue them to the other half of the sheet to make their own bingo card. They will have an extra word square because of the free space. As you call the words you can explain about the opportunities in 4-H. This is a great introduction to 4-H for new members.)
- Information sheets for making swine poster.
Resources from our Cloverbuds are 4-H Grown workshop
- Forestry Poster instructions and poster printouts
- Making flower pots from newspaper instructions
- Flower dissection activity handout and answer key
- How to read a seed packet
- Power Point
- Plant themed games:
- Hot Potato
- Flower Hangman (Great way to review that basic plant parts include leaves (agree upon number before starting game), stem, flower, and roots)
- Act out the life cycle of a plant (Describe each phase and have child pretend to be the plant)
- Memory have kids make two matching pictures and then play as a group or print out pictures of plant parts, different flowers or seeds ahead of time.
- Seed dispersal tag (like freeze tag) Have the kids be seeds blowing in the wind. If they are tagged they have to "grow in the ground" until they are ready to disperse more seeds by being unfrozen. After the game talk about the paths they took and area covered. Relate this to how seeds spread out so that when they grow into a plant they do not have to compete for resources with other plants