We offer an expansive and diverse range of projects to complete for 4-H! We offer select workshops for certain projects to better educate and round out youths' 4-H experience. Workshops will be listed on the Facebook events page and in the Marion County Weekly Update as they are scheduled. If you have a question about a project, please call the county office at 317-275-9305
State-wide project requirements
Cloverbuds (Mini 4-H) For county level projects requirements have been added to individual project links. State level projects do not give us this option. For a listing of all Cloverbud project suggestions and helpful resources follow this link.
Arts and Crafts (includes the following projects): Fine Arts, Model Craft, Needle Craft and Any Other Craft (Ceramics, Gift Wrapping, Latch Hook, Leather Craft, Macrame, Miscellaneous Crafts, Pottery,Recycled Crafts, Seasonal Decorations, Wearable Arts, Woodcraft). Please see "Related Files" section below for additional information on this project.
- Marion County does not have a Beef Show at the county fair. If you are interested in showing beef animals you may enroll in the beef project in a neigboring county. Please contact the extension office with questions.
- 4-H'ers may also participate in the Bicycle rodeo at the state fair. Please contact the county office by county fair week if you are interested.
Community Service (Project Requirements)
Create with a mix
Fine Arts (includes the following categories)
- Garden Vegetables and Herbs do not have to qualify at county fair to be exhibited at state fair. Sign up for state fair will be available at county fair check in or contact the county office. Please make sure to enroll in the garden project to be eligible for fair entry.
- 4-H Garden Publication 4-H 970-W (Usefule ingormation including vegetable exhibit guidelines.)
- Not a Marion County 4-H roject, but traditionaly an open class goat show with a division for 4-H aged youth is offered at the Marion County Fair.
Horse & Pony
Horse and Pony Poster
Junior Leader Resume
Lego (project requirements)
Poultry Poster and Poultry Science Exhibit
4-H Promotion Poster
- In Marion County rabbits can be shown as part of the small animal show at the fair. A member may also show rabbits at the state fair, please contact the county office for details about how to register your animals. Please be sure to enroll in the rabbit project if you plan on showing at the state fair.
Reading for Fun
Robotics - Technology and Robotics
Robotics link will take you to the Digibytes (Marion County 4-H Robotics Club) website. Click on the "Technology and Robotics Project Sheets' tab at the top of the page for project requirements, record sheets, and scorecards. You do not have to be in Digibytes to exhibit a project in this area at the fair.
- 2017 shooting sports meeting and range time information will be posted here as soon as it is schedule. It will also be added to Facebook events.
Small Animal Poster
Soil & Water Science
Weather & Climate Science
- Project requirements have changed. New project manuals will be coming out spring 2017. Check back for updates.
Wood Science (Woodworking)
Marion County Fair... Meet you at the Fair! ... http://marioncountyfair.org/