Livestock Risk Management Webinar
November 12, 2020
2:00-3:00 PM Eastern/1:00-2:00 PM Central/12:00-1:00 PM Mountain
The national Extension Risk Management Education Program and the United States Department of Agriculture are collaborating to deliver a webinar for agricultural producers and professionals focused on livestock risk management. Recent developments and attention to livestock markets, price risk, and the need for better risk management have highlighted the challenges for producers as well as improved tools and opportunities for livestock producers to manage risk.
The webinar is scheduled for 2:00-3:00 PM Eastern, 1:00-2:00 PM Central on Thursday, November 12 and will start with an overview of current livestock market and risk management issues with two of the Under Secretaries at USDA, Greg Ibach and Bill Northey. The webinar will then include a panel to discuss livestock economics and marketing as well as the utilization of insurance tools including Livestock Risk Protection to manage price risk.
Livestock Risk Management Overview
- Brad Lubben, University of Nebraska-Lincoln and the North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center – introduction and moderator
- Greg Ibach, USDA Under Secretary for Marketing and Regulatory Programs - livestock marketing issues and policy response
- Bill Northey, USDA Under Secretary for Farm Production and Conservation - risk management tools and policy developments
Livestock Risk Management Strategies and Implementation
- Shannon Neibergs, Washington State University and the Western Extension Risk Management Education Center – livestock economics and moderator
- Elliott Dennis, University of Nebraska-Lincoln - price risk management concepts, tools, and considerations
- Brandon Willis, Ranchers Insurance (Utah) and former USDA Risk Management Agency Administrator - insurance products, sales, and service
The webinar is a collaboration of USDA and the Extension Risk Management Education program, a USDA-funded program that provides regionally-based competitive grants for producer-focused educational projects (information available at http://extensionrme.org/). The national webinar is being hosted by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as part of its Farm and Ranch Management Webinar Series. The webinar is offered free of charge with registration available at http://farm.unl.edu/webinars.
Questions: Contact Bradley D. Lubben, Ph.D
Extension Associate Professor, Policy Specialist, and Director, North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center
University of Nebraska–Lincoln
FYH 207A, UNL, 68583-0922