- The Lake County Extension Homemakers host educational programs throughout the year.
- These no cost programs are open to the public.
- Upcoming programs 2019-2020.
- Register by contacting Diana Cook at the Extension Office, email@example.com or by phone 219-755-3240.
Indiana CBD Update
October 1, 2019—Purdue Extension-Lake County—12:00 P.M.
Indiana has recently updated laws surrounding CBD and its use in our state. CBD, or cannabidiol, is produced by the cannabis plant. This chemical compound does not produce a high, and may even have therapeutic benefits for chronic pain and post traumatic stress disorder. But is what we find at local stores or online safe? This lesson will explore:
- How CBD oil is made and who is regulating it
- CBD in Indiana – how it relates to Hoosiers and our health
- Which symptoms science suggests CBD may help with, and how CBD works with our brain
- CBD labeling and consumer safety. Is what’s on the market safe?