The Arts and Crafts 4-H project allows youth to learn life skills and grow in project knowledge while expressing creativity in a variety of mediums. Soft dolls and toys gives you the opportunity to make your own toy or doll to enjoy. Make nearly anything you can think of while learning how to sew.
Level A (grades 3-4)
Level B (grades 5-6)
Level C (grades 7-9)
Level D (grades 10-12)
No manual required; however, a Lake County record sheet must be completed (attached below)
**Only a Lake County Record Sheet is needed**
General Exhibit Requirements
Arts & Crafts Record Sheet Required (No Manual)
- Every part of the item must either be hand sewn or sewn by a sewing machine. No hot glue, staples, etc.
- Item must be stuffed with some type of poly fill, except for the dress accessories.
- No printed panels are allowed.
- Projects are expected to increase in difficulty each year.
- Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion may be selected for State Fair entry (Crafts).
Level A (grades 3-4): Exhibit one doll or toy animal that has been made using a simple pattern. No joints.
Level B (grades 5-6): Using a pattern with three or more pattern pieces, 4-H member may create an item of choice. No joints.
Level C (grades 7-9): Exhibit one or more items. Jointed animals may be used.
Level D (grades 10-12): Exhibit one or more items. Jointed animals may be used.
Interested in sponsoring a trophy or award for this project? Please contact the project superintendent or Extension Office at 219-755-3240 to learn more!