Currently the Purdue Extension Kosciusko County office, along with other county government offices is not accepting face-to-face appointments until April 20, but you can still reach the 4-H educator via e-mail at email@example.com Monday--Friday from 8--4:30. Also, there is a drop box near our main entrance if you have something to turn in to our office.
- Any in-person meetings, workshops, or other Extension events between now and June 30 should be rescheduled or delivered via technology.
- All 4-H animal ID deadlines, as well as deadline for State Fair DNA samples are now June 1.
Spring tagging/weigh-in events have been cancelled, but tags will be distributed from the 4-H Office beginning April 15. Please use this Google Form to order tags. No money will be collected at this time, but families will pay committees upon check-in at the fair.
Tagging equipment can be loaned from the Extension Office with a $20 deposit and can be reserved through this link. We understand that not every family is experienced tagging their own animals so video and written instructions for proper animal restraint, tag placement, and sanitation will be sent by species within the next few weeks. Also, please reach out to committee volunteers for advice to ensure safety for you and your animal.
Please note the animal ID deadline remains June 1 for all species, and required animal ID (as outlined in our 4-H Guide Book) still apply to all species. Kosciusko County 4-H Council and staff want to make sure this process works well for you. If at any point you are uncomfortable with or unable to complete part of this process, please contact your committee superintendent, 4-H Council members, or Extension staff for assistance and flexible options.
- YQCA deadline has also been extended to July 1, Kosciusko County will not offer any more in-person training sessions, but you can complete training online any time. Log on to yqca.learngrow.io to register. YQCA will be required for all youth competing at the Indiana State Fair. In 2020, County-only livestock exhibitors can complete the online Animal Ethics modules in place of YQCA. These are also an educational option for workshop credit for any species. We are waiting for a Qualtrics link from the state 4-H Office for recording completion of these modules. When it is complete, it will be linked here.
- The 4-H Fish Fry has been postponed to October 24. Tickets printed for the April event will be honored at this rescheduled event. Please contact your supporters to share this information. Work with your club leader (if money has already been submitted) if supporters would prefer a refund. Collected money that is not being returned to supporters, and all unsold tickets, can be returned to club leaders to be held until closer to the fall event.
- The Kosciusko County Community Fair and Indiana State Fair are currently planned to continue as scheduled. Decisions about the continuation of July events will be made by May 15.
Please reach out to us with your questions; we understand that this ever-changing situation with it's many health and social implications is stressful for all, but we are happy that 4-H and Purdue Extension can offer you support and hands-on learning opportunities during this time.