Soil & Water Science
Manuals can be purchased at the Purdue Extension Jay County Office
Record sheets for the Advanced and Independent Study Project can be printed if you click the following link Soil & Water Science record sheets Advanced/Mentoring
Level A (Grade 3-4) 4-H 795
Level B (Grade 5-6) 4-H 796
Level C (Grade 7-9) 4-H 797
Level D (Grade 10-12) 4-H 798
Create an exhibit that shows the public what you learned in the Soil and Water Science project this year. Poster exhibits must be displayed horizontally, size 22” X 28”, foam-core board or poster board mounted on a firm backing and covered in clear plastic or other transparent material. Notebook exhibits must be displayed in a standard three ring binder. Choose one of the options listed below, appropriate for your grade in school. Use an appropriate exhibit title. Be sure to include a label with your name, grade, 4-H Club and County in the lower right hand corner.
LEVEL 1 (Grade 3-5)
1. A poster related to an activity from the level 1 manual.
2. A poster and/or notebook of a soil water related science experiment appropriate for grades 3-5
LEVEL 2 (Grades 6-8)
1. A poster related to an activity from the level 2 manual.
2. A poster and/or notebook of a soil or water related science experiment appropriate for grades 6-8.
LEVEL 3 (Grades 9-12)
1. A poster related to an activity from the level 3 manual.
2. A poster and/ or notebook of a soil or water related science experiment appropriate for grades 9-12.
3. Independent Study-Learn
LEVEL Independent Study (Grades 9-12)
Advanced Topic- Learn all you can about a soil and/or water topic, program, facility, project, etc. And present it on a poster or in a notebook. Include a short manuscript, pictures, graphs, and list the works sited to describe what you did and what you learned. Title your poster or notebook, “Advanced Soil and Water Science-Independent Study”
Mentoring – Exhibit a poster that shows how you mentored a younger 4-H member. Include your planning’s, the time you spent, the challenge and advantages of mentoring, and how the experience might be useful in your life. Photographs and other documentations are encouraged. Title your poster, “Advanced Soil and Water Science-Mentor.”
State Fair Entries: Five (5)--1 per Division