NO STATE FAIR EXHIBIT
Gift wrapping can be considered as “Any Other Craft” project for a State Fair entry, however a Champion placing does NOT mean it will automatically be going to the State Fair.
- Packages wrapped for exhibit are NOT to include the gift item.
- Fill out the label card and attach to your exhibit.
- Fill out CRAFT CARD. It must accompany your project.
- All packages are to be wrapped with no tape showing. Double sided tape is permitted.
- Commercial paper will be used in Division I only.
- The judge will look for originality, creativity, neatness, and good workmanship.
- All bows must be self-made.
- Gift Wrap Categories are Container & Bag. Member may exhibit one item in each category.
- Container – Use a solid container with a lid. It may be Round, Square, Cylinder, etc.
- Bag – Use lunch-size bag or make your own bag according to division rules.
Beginner (Grades 3 – 5)
- Must wrap 3 packages or decorate 3 bags during the year plus the fair exhibit.
- Only commercial wrapping paper is allowed in this division.
- Bows may be made from ribbon, cord, yarn, colored shoestrings, or any other item of your choice. You may add an article related to your gift. (Baby rattle, dish scrubber, cookie cutter, etc.)
- Give a demonstration on wrapping a gift or decorating a bag to your 4-H Club or some other small group of people.
May exhibit one item in each category.
- Container - One solid container w/ lid; use a self-made bow (Shape choices include: Rectangle, Round, Square, Cylinder, etc.)
- Bag - Use ONLY a lunch-sized sack, it may be decorated any way you wish.
Intermediate (Grades 6 – 8)
- Wrap 5 packages or make 5 bags during year plus your exhibit.
- Commercial paper is NOT permitted in this division.
- Give a demonstration on bow-making or making a bag from something other than a paper sack to your 4-H Club, or some other small group of people.
- Container - One package wrapped in any material other than commercial wrapping paper. Possible wrappings include: diaper, towel, scarf, piece of material, etc. Added articles related to the package are permitted. DO NOT MAKE YOUR OWN PAPER. Add a self-made bow. Purchased bows are not permitted in this division.
- Bag - Make a bag from any material other than a paper sack. Additional “toppings” are acceptable.
Advanced (Grades 9 -12)
- Wrap 8 packages or make 8 bags during the year plus your exhibit.
- Give a demonstration on designing your own wrapping paper or designing material for a bag to your 4-H Club or some other small group of people.
- Use only self-made bows.
- Commercial paper is not permitted in this division.
- Design material for a bag. DO NOT PURCHASE MATERIAL -it has to be YOUR OWN DESIGN.
- Container: - One package wrapped in paper you designed yourself. Be sure your self-made bow relates to your wrapping.
- Bag: - One completed self-designed bag.