Serving as a Junior Leader is an honor, an opportunity, and a responsibility. 4-H Clubs are most successful when your enthusiasm, energy, and ideas are combined with the experience of your adult 4-H Leaders, 4-H Jr Leader advisor, and your 4-H Youth Extension Educator. It is a project that requires careful planning. Your adult leaders will supervise your work and be a source of help when you have questions or problems. However, these adults can not make you a leader. You must put forth the effort yourself to be an effective leader.
There are several reasons you may want to become a 4-H Jr Leader:
- You can help younger 4-H members to have some of the same opportunities that you have had in the 4-H club work
- You can help to develop a local and county 4-H club program
- You can develop your ability to work with others
- You can make new friends
- You may become eligible for 4-H trips, awards, and scholarships
- You can develop your abilities to plan, organize,. and to reason.
- You can become better acquainted with the entire 4-H club program.
- You can be a leader in your community
The club meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Purdue Extension Office, 5:30 pm