The Indiana 4-H Youth Development Program has a variety of involvement opportunities available. We rely heavily on adults who care about the development of youth across the state in order to deliver positive youth development experiences to our youth. All volunteers must pass a background check and participate in training provided by your County 4-H Educator.
Volunteer positions that may be available in your county:
- Help with a one time event/program
- Lead a 4-H Club (organize meetings and speakers, provide assistance to youth club leaders)
- Help with a specific 4-H project
- Help with an afterschool program
- Help with a summer program
- Sit on a county governing board
- Volunteer on a fair organizing committee
- Serve as a Judge for 4-H project exhibits
"I love helping the kids get the full benefits from the 4-H program. 4-H has influenced my life in so many ways including watching the children grow in their understanding of their role in the community and their role as an individual and friend. It also helps remind myself of the responsibility I carry as an individual even as an adult."
-Indiana 4-H Volunteer
Feel Free to call The Jay County Purdue Extension Office for any questions. See below information and forms volunteers will need..
Purdue Extension-Jay County 126 N Meridian St Portland, IN 47371 260-726-4707