Revised online 2.5.2021
Barn Superintendent & Project Leader: Andy DeVries Assistant: Brittnay DeVries
- Show order for 2021 : Ayrshire, Crossbred, Holstein, Brown Swiss, Milking Shorthorn, Jersey, and Guernsey
- See chart on page 14 of this Insight Book for the 2021 4-H Animal ID Requirements for County ONLY & State Fair, along with deadlines for 4-H Online Enrollment.
- All Check-in and Judging times & dates may be found on the charts on Page 3 of this Insight Book.
Dairy Female Project Rules:
- All animal class entries must be entered into fairentry.com by July 8.
- All Current Record sheets/manuals are due to your club leader by July 8.
- All dairy animals must be owned by regularly enrolled 4-H members of Jasper County. Partnership of parent and club member is acceptable. EXCEPTIONS: Dairy Heifers (under 2 years old by time of show) may be leased subject to the approval of both the 4-H Council and the 4-H Youth Development Educator.
- ALL LEASED Dairy Heifers must submit a copy of completed LEASE FORM to the Extension Office no later than May 15. Only Heifers under 2 years of age at time of show may be leased. (State Fair Requires Original copy of lease form at check-in.)
- In order to exhibit all livestock species at the Jasper County Fair, the animal(s) must be registered on the 4Honline website by required deadline (Dairy Female is May 15).
- Purebreds and grades will show together by breeds. For county fair only, crossbreds of 100% dairy breeds are allowed.
- No registration papers will be required at the county fair, but will be for State Fair Exhibits.
- Registration numbers will be needed to complete the 4HOnline Animal Identification.
- A club member may show only one animal in a class.
- See 4-H Completion Rules for information on manual completion requirements.
- Posters must follow 4-H Poster, Notebook & Display Board Rules. It is REQUIRED that all posters, notebooks, and display boards include a reference list indicating where information was obtained, giving credit to the original author, to complete the 4-H member’s exhibit. This reference list should/might include website links, people and/professionals interviewed, books, magazines, etc. It is recommended this reference list be attached to the back of a poster or display board, be the last page of a notebook, or included as a part of the display visible to the public. A judge is not to discredit an exhibit for the manner in which references are listed.
REFERENCE MANUAL: Dairy Resource Handbook Ohio State University (4-H 127R). Each grade will have its own record sheet. Each family will have a shared Reference Manual to keep throughout their 4-H Dairy competition years.
Dairy Female Classes & Awards
- Spring heifer calf — born March 1, 2021 to May 15, 2021
- Winter heifer calf — born December 1, 2020 to February 28, 2021
- Fall heifer calf — born September 1, 2020 to November 30, 2020
- Summer yearling heifer — born June 1, 2020 to August 31, 2020
- Spring yearling heifer — born March 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020
- Winter yearling heifer — born December 1, 2019 to February 28, 2020
- Fall yearling heifer — born September 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019
Overall Junior Champion & Reserve Junior Champion
- Yearling heifer in milk — born September 1, 2019 or later
2-years old or more Cows
- Junior 2-year-old cow — born March 1, 2019 to August 31, 2019
- Senior 2-year-old cow — born September 1, 2018 to February 28, 2019
- Junior 3-year-old cow - born March 1, 2018 to August 31, 2018
- Senior 3-year-old cow - born September 1, 2017 to February 28, 2018
- 4-year-old cow - born September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2017
- 5-year-old cow — born September 1, 2015 to August 31, 2016
- Aged cow six years and older, born prior to September 1, 2013
- Aged cow (dry) - born prior to September 1, 2016
Overall Senior Champion & Reserve Senior Champion Overall
Breed Champions Grand Champion Overall Dairy Female Reserve Grand Champion Overall Dairy Female
- Senior Showmanship
- Intermediate Showmanship
- Junior Showmanship
- Beginner Showmanship
- Champion of Champions Dairy Showman