This is your online resource for the 4-H Soil and Water Conservation project. The record sheet is below. If you have any questions, please refer to the 4-H Handbook or contact the Extension Office.
*If you have trouble accessing any of these documents below because of a disability, please contact the Jackson Co. Extension Office at (812) 358-6101 or send an email to email@example.com.
Here are the requirements for this project:
SOIL AND WATER SCIENCE
All posters, notebooks, and display boards must include a reference list indicating where information was obtained, giving credit to the original author, to complete the 4-H member’s exhibit. This reference list should/might include web site links, people and professionals interviewed, books, magazines, etc. It is recommended this reference list be attached to the back of a poster or display board, be the last page of a notebook, or included as part of the display visible to the public. A judge is not to discredit an exhibit for the manner in which references are listed.
Create an exhibit that shows the public what you learned in the soil and water science project this year. Poster exhibits must be displayed horizontally sized 22”x28” foam-core board or poster board mounted on a firm backing, and covered in clear plastic or other transparent material. Notebook exhibits must be displayed in a standard three ring binder. Choose one of the options listed below, appropriate for your grade in school. Use an appropriate exhibit title. Be sure to include a label with your name, grade, 4-H club, and county in the lower right hand corner.
Level 1 (Grades 3-5)
- A poster related to an activity from the level 1 manual.
- A poster and/or notebook of a soil or water related science experiment appropriate for grades 3-5.
Level 2 (Grades 6-8)
- A poster related to an activity from the level 2 manual.
- A poster and/or notebook of a soil or water related science experiment appropriate for grades 6-8.
Level 3 (Grades 9-12)
- A poster related to an activity from the level 3 manual.
- A poster and/or notebook of a soil or water related science experiment appropriate for grades 9-12.
- Independent Study – Learn all you can about a soil and/or water topic, program, facility, project, etc. and present it on a poster or in a notebook. Include a short manuscript, pictures, graphs, and list the works cited to describe what you did and what you learned. Title your poster or notebook, “Advanced Soil and Water Science – Independent Study”
- Mentoring – Exhibit a poster or notebook that shows how you mentored a younger 4-H member. Include your planning, the time you spent, the challenges and advantages or mentoring, and how the experience might be useful in your lie. Photographs and other documentation are encouraged. Title your poster “Advanced Soil and Water Science – Mentor.”