This is your online resource for the 4-H Models project. The manual, record sheet and exhibit card are below. If you have any questions, please refer to the Requirement Book or contact the Extension Office.
*If you have trouble accessing any of these documents below because of a disability, please contact the Jackson Co. Extension Office at (812) 358-6101 or send an email to email@example.com.
ARTS & CRAFTS: MODELS
1. 4-H member must fill out a record sheet to be turned in with the green/white record book.
2. Limit the size to 2’x3’x3’ or smaller. Wood, paper, clay, die-cast, or snap together models are not permitted. Screws are not permitted. Pre-painted or pre-decaled factory models are not permitted.
3. Must be of injected styrene plastics.
4. At least 25% of the exhibit must be painted.
5. Attach to project 4-H-618AW “4-H Craft Information Card” for description of work completed on the project. 43 Table of Contents
6. If multiple pieces make up the exhibit, a photograph of the complete exhibit should be attached to the exhibit so the total exhibit can properly be displayed.
7. For safety purposes any craft exhibit that resembles a sword, knife, or look-a-like weapon, will be judged but will not be displayed.
8. If the model is being built from a kit, include a copy of the instructions with the craft information card.
9. Legos are not considered models and are to be exhibited as Construction Toys.
10. Project will be judged with the following levels: Level 1 (Grades 3-5), Level 2 (Grades 6-8), Level 3 (Grades 9-12)