Wednesday, April 07, 2021
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
Summary: Agricultural workers are at high risk of heat-related illness and recent field studies point to specific risk factors and solutions. This webinar is intended to prepare agricultural safety and health professionals for the upcoming summer season. We will share practical and evidence-based solutions for the prevention of heat-related illness in the agricultural work environment.
Intended audience: Agricultural farmers, ranchers, supervisors, farmworkers, farmworker organizations, health and safety professionals, trainers, promotores, rural healthcare providers, extension agents, and others who work in agriculture.
Objectives: By the end of this presentation participants will be able to…
- Describe risk factors for heat-related illness
- Describe solutions for the prevention of heat-related illness that can be implemented in agricultural work environments
- Locate bilingual training and prevention resources
- June T. Spector, MD, MPH, Director of Occupational & Environmental Medicine at the University of Washington and Assistant Chair for Occupational Medicine Partnerships in DEOHS
- Roxana Chicas, PhD, RN, Postdoctoral Fellow at the Division of Renal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Emory University