Leaders: Tony & Cheryl Wright, Tony Huffman, Rob Rich, Art Claar, Christian Suau
Goals of 4-H Shooting Sports Program:
- Assisting young people in their development with an emphasis upon competencies, coping, and contributory skills and the development of positive self concept and feelings of future worth.
- Recruiting new youth and adult audiences into the 4-H program and promotion of the entire 4-H program through the interest in shooting, hunting, wildlife, and related activities.
- Exploring vocational opportunities in shooting sports and related fields through a broad exposure to the discipline and opportunities to explore deeper involvement in disciplines of interest.
- Creating a vested interest in ecological and environmental issues and the well-being of future generations through interests in shooting, hunting, and wildlife.
- Promoting the safe, responsible, and socially acceptable use of firearms and archery tackle.
- Developing a forum for successful family involvement in lifelong activities that are wholesome and fun.
- Compliment and enhance the impact of existing safety and hunter education programs.
Disciplines Offered: Shotgun, Air Rifle, Air Pistol, Archery, Muzzleloading, and Outdoor Pursuits