- Attach a completed 4-H Craft Information Card to your project.
- The Construction Toys Project allows 4-H members to create projects with Legos. It encourages each member to use his/her imagination and ingenuity in creating an exhibit.
- Criteria: overall design, construction techniques, sturdiness, balance, and creativity
- Lego Original Design
- Lego Kit
(May exhibit one item from each category)
Beginner- Grades 3-5
Intermediate – Grades 6 – 8
Advanced – Grades 9 - 12
- Exhibit requirements are the same for all grades as follows:
- Exhibit may be of any design.
- Attach a 3” x 5” index card to the exhibit describing the project.
- The exhibit may be a creative depiction of an object or a scene with Legos.
- All construction must be displayed on a sturdy base such as plywood.
- Project size will be limited to 18” wide by 18” deep by 18” high and must stay within the size requirements of the projects.
- All building blocks used must be from the same type of Legos.
- Blocks may not be glued or defaced.
- No decals, cutting, painting, filling, or using crayon markers, etc. on blocks.
- Members should construct a more advanced project each year.
- May not be shown as a model.
- Additional Tips!
- Remember the exhibit must be transported and moved to display area. You may want to consider how well your project holds/stays together.
There are not a lot of guidelines for this project—which allows you to be creative!