For information on the Indiana Extension Homemakers Association, please visit their website.
View the related files below to check out our newsletters, IEHA proclamation, and important IEHA Due Dates. For more information on IEHA programs, click here.
Hendricks County Homemakers are aware that many times teachers must sacrifice and use their own resources and funds to supplement their classrooms. We have decided to help by offering a $100 grant to qualified applicants in Hendricks County.
All applicants must be submitted by the 15th of each month and will be awarded at the discretion of the grant committee.
Applications can be mailed to:
HCEH Grant Committee
PO Box 7
Danville, IN 46122
Applications can also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the related files below to download a Teacher Grant Application.
IEHA Career Advancement Scholarship
Eight $500 scholarships will be give: two to an IEHA member, one to a degree in the medical profession, and five random.
View the related files below to download an application.
Instructions for Completing Application
Applications must be postmarked by March 15 to be considered.
Applicant must be a Homemaker twenty-five years of age or older, and a resident of Indiana.
Mail completed application to:
28 Abner Greek Parkway
Avon, IN 46123
Attach the following to the completed application:
- Two character reference letters
- A copy or transcript of courses completed
- A copy of the college/school acceptance letter, if courses have not yet started.
- A biographical statement, including educational background, financial need, volunteer or community service activities, and other pertinent information.
- A copy of the first two pages of your Federal 1040 Tax Return
Criteria for Judging
- Applications that are incomplete or that have missing information will not be considered.
- Scholarships are usually granted for Undergraduate degrees, not Master degrees.
- Scholarships will be awarded with regard to financial need.
- Former winners may apply again.
- Certified or registered mail is optional and not a requirement.
- Applications not postmarked by March 15 will not be considered.
Consideration is given to the following:
- Organization, neatness, grammar, and clarity of the application
- Financial need, as documented by the tax return
- Proven ability on a course of study, if currently enrolled
- Clear goals & realistic expectations
- The transcript of grades indicates the ability to do advanced work (an "official" copy is acceptable)
(Time to Elect Local Club Officers - Officer's Sheets & Program Planning Sheets Due in March)
3 - 9:30 a.m. - Council Meeting; Hostess, Stilesville
12 - Educational Lessons
1:00 p.m. - Don't Let the Tools Hurt
2:00 p.m. - Bulbs - Before & After
3:00 p.m. - Curb Appeal
14 - Happy Valentine's Day!
16 - President's Day - Extension Office Closed
(Coins for Friendship and Nickels for Leadership Due by March 31)
3 - 9:30 a.m. - Council Meeting
12 - 9:30 a.m. - Make a Difference Day
17 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!
19 - 9:30 a.m. - Spring District Meeting - "Got Bling?"
24 - Farm Bureau Dinner
7 - 9:30 a.m. - Council Meeting; Hostess, Happy Homemakers
29 - 9:00 a.m. - Financial Literacy Seminar - Note, date change from April 22