The Organic Agronomy Training Series (OATS) is a collaboratively managed, science-based train-the-trainer program for agricultural professionals working with organic or transitioning producers in the United States. This two-day training provides education and guidance on organic production methods and certification necessary for agronomists, certified crop advisors, extension agents, and technical services providers to serve the needs of certified organic grain producers.
The program will build participants’ knowledge base in all key areas of certified organic production:
- Basics of organic production: weed control, nutrient management, crop rotation, pest management
- Systems thinking & long-term strategies for success in organic production
- Managing risk during transition
- Organic certification process & record keeping
- National Organic Program (NOP) rules & regulations
- Organic marketing and crop diversity
- Networking with other organic-focused professionals
- On-farm & hands-on experiential learning on organic operations
Learn more about the two-day OATS East training and register today at http://thelandconnection.org/OATS.