County Fair time is one of the best times of the year! We encourage all Michiana Residents to participate in the various events in the Home and Family Arts Department at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair.
Complete contest rules and regulations are available in the 2018 Home and Family Arts Open Class Booklet.
Open Class Departments
- Culinary Arts* includes Baking, Cake Decorating, and Food Preservation-Canning and Miscellaneous
- Children’s Corner
- Clothing Construction
- Creative Arts
- Quilts: Individual and Team/Group
*Special awards include Ball® & Kerr® Adult Food Preservation Award, and the RED STAR® Yeast Award.
Open Class Fashion Show
Do you enjoy sewing? We would love to see you in our Fashion Show!
- Entries are due July 2, 2018
- Judging is Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- Fashion Show Results are announced during the Open House show Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
- Download Fashion Show Instructions and Entry Form
Special Food Contests
These special contests are a fun way to show your creativity in cooking, baking and grilling, and even win a great prize sponsored by local businesses.
- July 19: President's Item: Anything with Blueberries and/or Blackberries
- July 21: Crock Pot Contest: Main Dish and Vegetables
- July 21: Year of the Beet
- July 23: Dairy Delicious
- July 24: Longest Apple Peel
- July 24: Senior Citizen's Cookie
- July 25: Fresh Sweet Corn
- July 26: Fresh Salsa
- July 27: Bursting with Blueberries
- July 28: Best of Michiana Ribs
- July 28: The Great Homemade Ice Cream Crank-off
- July 28: Byler Lienhart Cook-off Special Contest