County Fair time is one of the best times of the year! We encourage all Michiana Residents to participate in the various events in the Home and Family Arts Department at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair.
Complete contest rules and regulations are available in the 2017 Open Class Home and Family Arts department booklet.
Open Class Departments
- Culinary Arts* includes Baking, Cake Decorating, and Food Preservation-Canning and Miscellaneous
- Children’s Corner
- Clothing Construction
- Creative Arts
- Quilts: Individual and Team/Group
*Special awards include Ball® & Kerr® Adult Food Preservation Award, and the RED STAR® Yeast Award.
Open Class Fashion Show
Do you enjoy sewing? We would love to see you in our Fashion Show!
- Entries are due July 3, 2017
- Judging is Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- Fashion Show Results are announced during the Open House show Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
Special Food Contests
These special contests are a fun way to show your creativity in cooking, baking and grilling, and even win a great prize sponsored by local businesses.
- July 20: President Jill Garris' Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- July 22: Crock Pot Contest: Main Dish and Vegetables
- July 22: Year of Broccoli
- July 24: Dairy Delicious
- July 25: Longest Apple Peel (adults only)
- July 25: Senior Citizen's Cookies
- July 26: Anything Goes with Locally Grown Tomatoes
- July 27: Fresh Salsa
- July 28: Bursting with Blueberries
- July 29: Best of Michiana Ribs
- July 29: The Great Homemade Ice Cream Crank-off
- July 29: Byler Lienhart Cook-off