REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED AND THE EVENT IS AT CAPACITY.
Join us for Indiana's only conference focused on organic grain!
The 2020 Indiana Organic Grain Farmer Meeting is scheduled for February 19-20, 2020 and returns to the Beck Agricultural Center in West Lafayette, Indiana. This annual education and networking event brings together the growing organic grain farming community in Indiana and surrounding states. Mark your calendar and plan to join us for this great event! Participants will have the opportunity to register for one or both days of the program. Registration is available through February 12 or until capacity is reached.
On Wednesday, February 19, a full-day workshop focused on transitioning to organic grain production will be offered. The workshop is designed for farmers exploring a transition of acreage to organic grain production and those with ground in transition. Presentations and farmer panel discussions will cover:
- Certification and transition process
- National Organic Program regulation
- Organic and transitional crop budgets and markets
- Basics of organic grain production
- Transition strategies.
On Thursday, February 20, the full day of education and networking will include breakout sessions, farmer panels, networking time, and an industry trade show. Topics will cover:
- Diverse cropping systems
- Managing parallel production
- Organic no-till research update and farmer panel
- Growing high-yield organic corn
- ...and more to come.
View the DRAFT agenda.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Klaas Martens, Lakeview Organics
- Megan Wallendal, Wallendal Farms
- Darren Fehr, ScatterSeed Farm
- Will Glazik, Cow Creek Farm
- Jason Federer, Living Prairie Family Farms
- Dale Longwell, Longwell Farms
- Dan DeSutter, DeSutter Farms
- Dr. Erin Silva, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Dr. Michael Langemeier, Purdue University
- Dr. Shalamar Armstrong, Purdue University
- Mark Seeley, OnMark Certification Services
- Ryan Koory and Jessie Bovay, Mercaris
- Michael O'Donnell, Purdue Extension
A trailblazer in America's organic farming industry, Klaas Martens and his wife, Mary-Howell Martens, farm 1,600 certified organic acres of grains and vegetables at Lakeview Organic Grain in New York. Martens, a third-generation farmer, will discuss intentional biodiversity and whole-farm systems thinking as keys to successful, resilient organic farming.
SPONSOR AND EXHIBITOR OPPORTUNITIES:
NOTE - All sponsor and exhibitor opportunities have been reserved.
Interested in supporting this education and networking event as an exhibitor or sponsor? You can explore sponsor and exhibitor opportunities and details by reviewing our Sponsor and Exhibitor Information document. Note that the trade show occurs on Thursday, February 20, but table setup will be available starting late afternoon on Wednesday, February 19. Plan ahead! Contact Michael O'Donnell at 765-284-8414 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Register now. Registration for exhibitors is available through February 6 or until capacity is reached.
A limited block of rooms at the Four Points by Sheraton in West Lafayette is being held at a conference rate of $129.00 per night through January 18. To book a room at the block rate, contact Four Points by Sheraton at 765-463-5511 for the ‘Indiana Organic Grain Meeting’ block.
Have questions about the event? Contact Michael O'Donnell, Organic & Diversified Agriculture educator, at email@example.com or 765-284-8414. To stay informed about this event and other programs offered by Purdue Extension-Organic Agriculture, sign up for our email list.
Have questions about registration? Please call Purdue Conferences at 866-515-0023.