Mini/Exploring 4-H is a program designed to encourage positive development of children. (Kindergarten through Second Grade) Members will need to be in those grades as of January 1 that year. The goal of Mini/Exploring 4-H is to help young children explore friendships outside the family; explore the way in which things work; practice both small and large muscle control; and think about the ways people work together on projects.
The NON-COMPETITIVE learning environment for Mini/Exploring 4-H includes:
- Planned learning activities in which children are invited to be active and explore materials and ideas without the pressure of completing a specific project or exhibit.
- Low adult/leader to child ratio that allows time for adults/leaders to provide individual, positive encouragement and assistance.
- Simple, interesting activities that are fun.
- Encouragement of children to participate in a group activity by sharing and/or displaying their activity projects.
- Rewards that are identical and/or ribbons of the same color for everyone.
In Dubois County, Mini 4-H Members are allowed to exhibit up to (2) 4-H projects of their choice. There are no specific guidelines but mini 4-H members are encouraged to explore the projects offered through 4-H and exhibit something related to those. Youth will need to be enrolled in order to take projects or participate in livestock showmanship. They may also participate in mini livestock showmanship. You can enroll at in.4honline.com
Mini Livestock Liability Release Form must be filled out and turned into the office before your child will be allowed to show an animal. See the file below under related files.
Mini 4-H Camp
Each year in Dubois County, there is usually a camp for youth in grades K-2. The camp takes place during the day and involves lots of fun games and activities to get youth excited about learning and 4-H.
2018 Mini 4-H Camp Information
The 2018 Exploring 4-H Camp will take place on Tuesday, June 5th. The camp will last from 9am to 4pm. The theme for this year's camp is All Aboard the S.T.E.A.M. Train! The youth will get the chance to build, design, and create things using different materials. Youth will have the opportunity to engage in different STEM and Art projects! The cost for the 2018 camp is $15 which will help cover the cost of lunch and supplies. Sign ups will be on a first come, first serve basis. Non 4-H members as well as mini 4-H members can attend the camp. Please see registration form and flyer under related files. The deadline to sign up is May 30th.
Contact the office if you have questions.