State Fair Entries:
Each county will be allowed to send one exhibitor from each level.
** Fair Entry – You MUST register your 4-H project in Fair Entry if you plan to exhibit at the 4-H Fair. See page 21! **
Create an exhibit that shows the public what you learned in the wildlife project this year. Poster exhibits must be displayed horizontally, sized 22" x 28" foam-core board or poster board mounted on a firm backing, and covered in clear plastic or other transparent material. Notebook exhibits must be displayed in a standard three ring binder. Choose one of the options listed below, appropriate for your grade in school. Use an appropriate exhibit title. Be sure to include a label with your name, grade, 4-H club, and county in the lower right-hand corner. When completing a poster, refer to Poster Guidelines.
Level 1 (Grades 3-5)
- A poster related to an activity from the level 1 manual
- A poster and/or notebook of a wildlife related science experiment appropriate for grades 3-5Level 2 (Grades 6-8)
- A poster related to an activity from the level 2 manual
- A poster and/or notebook of a wildlife related science experiment appropriate for grades 6-8
Level 3 (Grades 9-12)
- A poster related to an activity from the level 3 manual
- A poster and/or notebook of a wildlife related science experiment appropriate for grades 9-12
All posters, notebooks, and display boards must include a reference list indicating where information was obtained, giving credit to the original author, to complete the 4-H member’s exhibit. This reference list should/might include web site links, people and professionals interviewed, books, magazines, etc. It is recommended this reference list be attached to the back of a poster or display board, be the last page of a notebook, or included as part of the display visible to the public. A judge is not to discredit an exhibit for the manner in which references are listed.