Beginner – Grades 3, 4, or 5
Intermediate – Grades 6, 7, or 8
Advanced – Grades 9, 10, 11, or 12
** Fair Entry – You MUST register your 4-H project in Fair Entry if you plan to exhibit at the 4-H Fair. See page 21! **
- A 4-H member may sign up for any number of sports.
- A record sheet must be turned in for each sport.
- Select one sport and prepare an exhibit in that sport to be turned in and judge at the county fair.
- Exhibits will be divided according to your grade in school at the time of your enrollment.
- Learn the basic skills of the sport(s) you select.
- Learn the safety rules of the sport(s) you select.
- Practice good sportsmanship.
- Have fun learning and participating in the spot.
- Participate in the sports project in one of the following three ways.
- Participate actively with any organized team in the county.
- Participate in a sport with your family, friends, or 4-H club.
- If the sport you select is an individual sport, participate on your own.
Exhibit one poster at the county fair. Refer to Poster Guidelines.
Choose 1 of the 5 following as a title for your poster:
- "Safety Rules for ___ (name of sport)".
- "Equipment Needed for ___ (name of sport)".
- "Basic Skills to Develop for ___ (name of sport)”.
- "Exercise Value of ___ (name of sport)”.
- Or any single topic that relates directly to your sport.
- Pictures from printed matter, photographs, original art work, etc., may be used to illustrate your poster. Be sure to label each illustration appropriately.
- Include on the poster a brief story of your experiences in participating in this sport, including the following:
- Why you chose this sport.
- Who taught you how to play the sport?
- The value you have received from playing the sport.