The DeKalb County 4-H Sheep Committee has partnered with Slentz Farms, for a 5th year, to provide a great opportunity for anyone interested in joining the DeKalb County 4-H Program and Sheep Project! Slentz Farms has donated two lambs that will be ready for exhibition in the 2020 DeKalb County Fall Fair. All essays will be evaluated by the 4-H Sheep Committee as well as an outside judge to choose the winners. Essay requirements and how to enter are detailed below.
- Never exhibited or completed the 4-H sheep project.
- Must enroll in the DeKalb County 4-H Program.
- Must have the ability to house the animal at your home or at a location where you will be the primary caregiver.
Submit a one (1) page (typed or written) essay on the following topics:
- Why are you interested in the sheep project?
- What do you hope to learn or gain from the sheep project?
Monday, March 30, 2020 to the Extension Office or either contact below.
Sheep Superintendent – Stacy Thrush
4-H Extension Educator – Lynne Wahlstrom